What to expect and what not to expect with this Juneau shore excursion
As with our other tours in Juneau, pick up is provided at a convenient location near your cruise ship. You'll pass through downtown on your 6-mile drive to the gear center to begin your adventure away from the crowds. Don't worry if you've never been on a segway before! You'll quickly become acquainted after the provided training session and realize just how easy and simple they are to ride! Your Photography Segway Safari begins with a ride along the coastline of the Lynn Canal, and you'll quickly come across a view of the famous Mendenhall Glacier. Keep your eye out for wildlife! Bald eagles, seals, and humpback whales can be spotted here. Upon arrival at a secluded beach, enjoy locally-sourced refreshments and salmon dip as you take in the scenery. Next, hop off your segway to walk the 7-minute Rainforest Trail, a locals favorite! Have your camera out, because the photo opportunities here are endless.
- 3 hour duration
- Bring your camera for stunning photo opportunities!
- Off the beaten path views of the Mendenhall Glacier, Juneau coastline, & Tongass National Forest
- Small group size for an intimate experience
Your friendly guide shares their knowledge of not only photography but the local flora and fauna. This Photography Segway Safari is one of the best tours in Juneau for those looking to experience the city in a fun and eco-friendly way. Prepare for a lovely outing and leave with photos that you'll want to share with friends and family!
Continue your Juneau sightseeing tour by pairing this with the Icefield Helicopter Excursion or the 5 Glacier Seaplane Exploration!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
JUNEAU TOURS DETAILS:
- Accessibility: This tour has a minimum age of 14, a maximum age of 70, and a maximum weight limit of 260 lbs. No experience necessary, however, guests should feel comfortable operating a Segway. Not recommended for pregnant women, anyone with balancing problems or who may be taking medications that affect balance.
- Cancellation Policy:
In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we will issue a refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure are non-refundable.
- What to Wear: This tour operates rain or shine, and rain is common as we lie in a temperate rainforest! It is a good idea to dress in layers, and include a rain or waterproof jacket. Also, sturdy walking shoes are recommended. Don’t forget your camera and sunglasses!