What to expect and what not to expect with this Juneau shore excursion
After a short, narrated bus ride to Salmon Creek, you will be served up a feast of Alaskan-caught salmon, cooked in the traditional fashion over an open alder wood fire. Round out the meal with chicken parmesan, au gratin potatoes, wild-rice pilaf, salads, beans with reindeer sausage, cornbread and an assortment of beverages. All of this is served up in translucent, heated awnings, so that you can be dry and comfortable in all weather conditions. After your meal, you can take a walk along Salmon Creek, where you will have the chance to spot wildlife along the banks. Whenever you are ready to return to the cruise ship port, just catch the next shuttle back.
- Family Friendly
- Numerous wildlife opportunities, but not guaranteed
- All you can eat
- Musical Entertainment
At about 2 hours in duration, this tour is a great choice to pair with other tours or to do all on its own! You can spend as much or as little time as you like eating and exploring Salmon Creek. If you want to make it a full day event and really soak in the nature of beautiful Alaska, then you can walk the banks of the river and explore the remains of Wegner Mine or stop for a while to take in the serenity of the water fall. Whether you are coming for a meal or for the time in nature as well, this tour has many experiences to offer.
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
JUNEAU TOURS DETAILS:
- Restrictions: No minimum age.
- Accessibility: All activity levels welcome.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: We recommend you prepare for rain and hope for sunshine in regards to the weather. Due to the cool, damp climate it is best not to wear cotton and instead, wear clothing made of polyester, wool, fleece, nylon, polypropylene and/or capilene. A full list of what to bring will be included in your confirmation email.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Adult Rate: $55.00
- Child Rate: $45.00 (ages 2-12) + 5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Juneau Shore Tours
Q:Will we make it back to the ship in time? What if we don't?
We've never left anyone behind and only schedule tours that work well with your cruise ship's itinerary. We leave plenty of cushion so you can confidently book your trips independently.
Q:What if I have a food allergy?
If you can let us know what types of allergies you have, we can let you know what menu options are available. We will do our best to accommodate everyone.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What should we wear and bring?
This tour operates rain or shine, and rain is common as we lie in a temperate rainforest! For comfort, we typically recommend long pants, closed-toed shoes and a waterproof jacket. Some guests choose to bring a small bag or backpack along to store extra layers, a bottle of water and cameras.
You are here: